The first mention of the Cserge mill (“Patak mill”) is connected to the rent regulation ordered by Maria Theresa in 1769. The mill, which had a small capacity of grinding up to 5 m? of grain a day, was used by those who wanted to grind their own flour, as this was not possible in the large mills. The building was used as a mill until 1944-46, but after the war it was also used for sawmilling. According to a 1907 study by Sándor Takáts describing Hungarian mill types, the ‘cserge’, or ‘pokol’, was a specific type of mill. The water from the stream was diverted to the mill through a canal and then released onto the land, sometimes causing ‘infernal’ damage. The Cserge mill here matches the description in the canal, but its water always flowed back into the stream running alongside it. After visiting the ruins of the mill, you can take a break in the beautiful natural surroundings at the rest area here.
http://ipolytolgyes.hu/malmok, http://www.theodolight.eu/csergemalomtabla.pdf,